Dear Residents, Families and Friends,
We want to again thank everyone for your amazing efforts to keep St. Mark’s as safe as possible during this trying time. I am excited to share new opportunities for visitations.
Please remember as we move forward, it is important to remember that if we have any positive Covid-19 cases, we will have to reverse course and limit visitation again.
We urge you to take the responsibility for one another seriously. Let’s continue to take the health and safety of all who live and work here our highest priority. Good hand hygiene and wearing masks are the best way to protect yourself and your neighbors.
We appreciate your cooperation and commitment to abide by the guidance for the visitation and make wise choices as we move forward.
Effective: July 23, 2020
For all Enriched Housing residents Only:
The EHP Program will be following the guidelines that were outlined in the July 10, 2020 Health Advisory: Visitation in Adult Care Facilities.
- Visitation Hours will be Monday-Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm.
- Per the guidance adequate staff must be available for cleaning and disinfecting visitation areas after each visit. Therefore, visits must be scheduled to ensure that we can accommodate the cleaning and disinfecting after a visit. Appointments must be scheduled by contacting Michelle Lewis, Program Director (315)531-8148 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one resident in the EHP program will be allowed to have visitors at a time.
- There will be no more than two visitations scheduled in a day.
- Visitations are encouraged to be outside on our patios. If the weather does not permit, visits may take place in the game room or in the resident’s private apartment at their table where it can be easily disinfected after a visit.
- There is a limit of 2 visitors (1 visitor must be at least 18).
- There is to be no contact during the visit and a social distance of (6) six feet or more should be maintained.
- All visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and are refused access if they exhibit any symptoms or do not pass the screening questions. Screening includes temperature checks and asking screening questions.
- Visitors are required to provide the following information prior to the visit: First and last name; Physical address; Day and evening phone numbers; e-mail address, if applicable. Documentation of the visit will be maintained onsite in an electronic format and available for the Department of Health for purposes of inspection and/or for potential contact tracing.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask and residents during their visits are also required to wear a mask. If a visitor does not have a mask one will be provided for them.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is placed throughout the facility and visitors are required to use hand sanitizer prior to their visit.
- Visits will be no more than (1) one Hour.
- Visit must be monitored by a staff member.
- There is to be no more than 2 people in an elevator at a time and the marks in the elevator are labeled for social distancing.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting during the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
For all other residents of St. Mark’s Terrace:
- You are welcome to have two (2) visitors for daytime (not overnight) visits.
- We encourage visits of no longer that one (1) hour.
- Masks must be worn and physical distancing of no less than six (6) feet should be followed
- We ask that you have visits outside if possible. If this is not possible visits can be inside your apartment but not in any common areas in the building.
- During office hours, all visitors must check in at the main office and screening of visitors will be followed
- Visitors are required to use the hand sanitizer stations throughout the building
- No more than two (2) people in the elevator at a time
Thank you for your understanding, your cooperation and the sacrifices that have been made. We can get through this if we all work together!
Deb Hafleigh Michelle Lewis
Director Director of Enriched Housing